Printing Press Operator
ARS is a growing direct mail company whose vision is to anticipate the needs of all our clients through powerful customer service. We offer a competitive earnings package. Your enthusiasm and abilities will be recognized and rewarded.
The main function of the Press Operator position is to make ready and operate a multi-unit, web-fed rotary press to print letters, pamphlets, brochures, labels, periodicals and any other product able to be produced on the scheduled press, according to written specifications. Experience with a RDP and Didde Web Press is a plus!
Hours: 12 hour shifts | 6:00 PM – 6:00 AM | Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Wednesday.
Essential Job Functions:
- Locks printing plates on printing cylinder and threads loose end of paper supply roll through and around rollers to cutter or re-winder.
- Inspects printed material visually after registration or position printing and re-adjusts guides and controls to rectify spacing errors.
- Adjusts feed controls to rotate cylinder into position where plate locking mechanism is accessible.
- Re-threads paper through press if web breaks and re-adjusts tension rollers.
- Inspects printed material visually during production and re-adjusts controls to correct irregular ink distribution, faulty cuts or folds.
- Replace cutting blades, worn or damaged ink rolls and fills ink wells.
- Cleans, inspects, and lubricates moving parts of press.
- May supervise and instruct press helpers.
- May load supply rolls of paper in press at beginning and during run.
- Processes press wash-ups as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance and maintain a clean work environment.
- Must have good written and verbal English skills.
- A positive, professional attitude and attention to detail is required.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 2 years experience.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be able to work with little or no direct supervision.
- Must work well both individually and as part of a team.
- Must be able to bend, twist and lift up to 70 lbs.
You can also send your career details and salary requirements to Human Resources at Advanced Response Systems.
13175 George Weber Dr.
Rogers, MN 55374
ARS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, affectional preference, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other legally protected status. As